Tips To Keep Your Home Safe and Serine
When it comes to your home you want to make sure that it’s safe as you want it to be. There are countless ways though, that your home might be as safe as you think. The FBI reports that crimes that took place in millions of other homes were damaged by fire, flood and natural disasters. While you can’t watch your house 24 hours a day, there are numerous ways you can make it safer in no time. Below are a few ways to protect your home. Protecting your will not only keep you safe but also, give you a peace of mind.
Image: Tech Services of NJ
- Lock Doors and Windows: It might seem like a no brainer, but locking your doors and windows are a major deterrent for those who might want to break into your home. In fact, nearly a third of burglars enter a home through an unlocked window or door. When you are out of your home too you want to make sure your home is protected. Think about installing a security camera to give you peace of mind when you aren’t there. A quality and reputable company to call is Tech Services of NJ. They offer a variety of services to make sure to help you including installing smoke alarms, alarm security systems and burglar alarm systems. Be sure to give them a call if you have any questions or concerns for the safety of your home, family and friends.
- Swap Doors With Large Windows: If you have a big window on your front door, that’s a way to give burglars an easy way to see into your home. To keep it safer, opt for doors with small windows that are far from the doorknob. You could even choose a solid core door with a peephole as a better idea. Find a way to make it aesthetically pleasing and compliment your home when you pick out the window as a great focal point from the front and inside of your home.
- Hide Big Ticket Items: Having big ticket items, like a fancy grill, car or expensive bike outside your home makes it seem likely that you’d have even better stuff inside. Keep your expensive possessions hidden away in a shed or a garage if possible. Also, wait until trash day to throw away the boxes for expensive purchases. Items like luxury bicycles definitely deserve a warm, safe spot in the garage.
- Install Motion Detectors: Nobody wants to be seen at night, so installing motion sensor lighting to illuminate the darker parts of your property will scare off anyone who wants to go unnoticed. To figure out where the places to install your motion detectors would be near your front and back door, your garage and any other areas of your yard that might need lighting because you can’t see from a window. Try corners of your fence or tree area to help.
- Add Timers: You want to make your home lived in and it’s one of the easiest things to do to fight someone to get to their property. Adding timers to turn on lights or appliances to make it appear that you are home is key. Appliance timers aren’t the only home essential to add to your shopping list. This should be what everyone should have in their home to make them look less attractive to burglars.
- Add A Serine Room: One reason why we should love our home is that we feel safe but you also have a room where you can go to unwind. Create a serine room with calming colors, cozy and plush carpets and pillows, calming music and hanging green plants. Make the room zenful, and a place that you truly can feel at peace. Hang up inspirational quotes or artwork as well.
What are some other great tips or ideas you have to make your home feel your best and safe?
I’d love to hear below in the comments!