Week Two: Things to Write About Thursday’s!

Good Afternoon! If you are new to my blog then Welcome! If not than Welcome Back to Things to Write About Thursday’s Week Two! Have you ever wished you had more time in a day? I know I do! I was doing really good, blogging everyday, but then life gets in the way (in a good way) & you end up getting distracted! But soon that will all change! Now onto today’s topic!!

[ which was supposed to be posted two days ago, sorry!]

“Why do you write?”

I have been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was little I remember jotting down rhymes, thinking they were poems and that I was this great poet. I found those notebooks about 10 years ago and let’s just say I was no where near a poet. Half of them didn’t even make sense! lol Even though I swear back then they did, they meant everything to me.

It wasn’t until a few years later (my high school days)  that I really got into writing poems. I was writing them for school, myself, my friends & family, even for people I never met but my best friends at the time, considered family to them.

Writing to me has always been a source of release. A way to get all of my fears, heartbreak, angry, happiness, love, lust etc., out of my mind, I was constantly holding back every emotion I ever had afraid to show the world, afraid of judgement. I used writing as my escape. My way of getting it off my chest without having to really explain it.

That’s how it started it out at least. Now I write not only for the escape and sense of release but for the love and passion I have for writing something down and knowing I created that. Whether its a poem or story, but knowing that came from me and nobody else. I love reading & writing reviews, because giving my opinions about products, foods, makeup etc. and having it actually matter to someone means so much to me, like i’m helping someone out that I don’t even know.

If I get it all down on paper, it’s no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I’m naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you’ll use them, however you want to

Every time I hear that song, I just think… ‘that’s how I feel about writing‘.

So to all my fellow blogger’s, writer’s, & poet’s answer me this:

Why do you write?

1. Ricci

April 24, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I write for me! I used to write about what I thought others would want to hear but my writing suffered so then I went track to writing for me and now I am much more happy!!

2. Cherri Megasko

April 23, 2015 at 3:46 pm

For me, writing is an outlet. Sometimes it calms me, sometimes it excites me … it just depends on my mood.

3. mail4rosey

April 23, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Reviews are great to read and they really do help influence what I'm going to buy. I like the first hand account from someone who is actually using it, or has tried it!

4. Alyssa Collazo

April 23, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I write to keep myself busy! Sometimes it works but most of the time I find myself struggling to write!

5. Margarita Ibbott

April 23, 2015 at 5:17 am

I write because I love the beauty of the written word. I write to chronicle my life and have a good laugh.

6. Olivia Schwab

April 23, 2015 at 1:32 am

I write sometimes but could for sure start writing more. This would help a ton with a bunch of different stuff going on. Great post!

7. Lisa

April 22, 2015 at 11:31 pm

I write to get out of my head. Sometimes it work, sometimes it does;t 🙂

8. Alysia from My Domestic Dish

April 22, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Hm. I write as a way to reach out to other mothers, or people in general, while being a stay at home mom. I think it's helped with a bit of the stir-crazy feeling that comes from having a new baby at home in the middle of winter….hard to get out much.

9. Ann B

April 22, 2015 at 10:00 pm

I have always loved to write. I find it is a release for me.

10. Roselynn Mercedes

April 22, 2015 at 9:18 pm

I started writing as a method to release my mind from my overbearing depression. I started off writing novels and when they became harder to do I decided to give blogging a chance to go along with my new hobby,

11. Breanna Sheffield

April 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Each time I write a new post I enjoy it more and more. Writing was never my favorite but at the time passes and I get older I appreciate it more.

12. Jennifer Ashley

April 22, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Great post! I write because I want to encourage others to find their own creative confidence!

Jennifer Ashley

13. Shaney Vijendranath

April 22, 2015 at 1:36 pm

I wish I had more time in the day too! I write because it's my way of expressing myself. I feel we bloggers are artists in our own way. We all have a different interpretation of a story. Great post.

14. Chubskulit Rose

April 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm

You have a great gift! Just like you, my passion in writing igniting ever since I was a kit but I have never fully developed it. Blogging somehow re-ignited my passion.

1. Chubskulit Rose

April 22, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Meant to write *ignited on my second sentence.

15. Sara-Jayne Jones

April 22, 2015 at 11:54 am

I can't write poetry, but I can rhyme anything and make up little songs. It will never get me anywhere but my boys love it 😉

16. Fiona

April 22, 2015 at 7:41 am

Aww I used to write stories and poems as a child too, I wish I still had them to look back on. I write to document my life with my family and share all our memories 🙂

17. Lauren

April 22, 2015 at 5:07 am

I write because I like sharing information and helping others! I also like to escape from the world 🙂 Did you know that your date is misspelled? It says Satuday instead of Saturday.

18. Liz Mays

April 22, 2015 at 3:21 am

I tend to think more clearly when I write things down rather than say them aloud. It's a good organizational system for me.

19. Danielle K

April 22, 2015 at 2:31 am

This is such a great post. I write to get my feelings out – it's so much easier to get down on paper (or computer) than in spoken word 🙂

20. Mistee Dawn

April 22, 2015 at 1:47 am

I write because I thoroughly enjoy it. It gives me a form of release and enjoyment. Plus, if I can get paid for it, BONUS!

21. spiffykerms

April 22, 2015 at 1:41 am

I write because I love it. That's plain and simple yet to the point. Now my family/friends tune into the blog because I live so far away 🙁

22. Travis N. Tucker

April 22, 2015 at 1:34 am

It's always cool to here why others enjoy writing. Personally, I find writing is the best way for me to convey my thoughts. I have a brisk and somewhat off putting speaking manner. I can be myself when writing.

23. Kung Phoo

April 22, 2015 at 12:59 am

Sometimes writing is an out, and it helps me release stress.. Sometimes it just flows so smooth.

24. Amanda Simkin

April 22, 2015 at 12:03 am

As an English teacher, I enjoy the challenge of writing poetry. You have to be so specific and certain about your words, which makes it more challenging yet so much more rewarding.

Amanda

25. Ashley @ Growing Up Momma

April 21, 2015 at 11:49 pm

I love writing, too! It is such a release for me, and i love that feeling when you've written something that you just know might help someone else. Awesome post and well worth the 2 day delay! Hope those good distractions keep coming your way, they truly are the best kind 😉

26. Alli Smith

April 21, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I enjoy writing, too. Once I begin writing, inspiration begins to flow and I become unaware of time. Love it!

27. Ben Butler

April 21, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Part of the reason I write is because it's my business. The other part is because I love words. I love the books that everyone else says are hard to read.

28. Ronda Ogilvie

April 21, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I write because I enjoy it! I have kept a journal since I was eight years old, and now I just share my writing with the rest of the world 🙂

29. (Terry) My Journey With Candida

April 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm

I don't consider myself a writer. I started my blog when I was really sick with Candida. It was just a way for me to keep track of what I was doing to heal. Now, it is just a fun thing for me to do. Blog that is.

30. Vanessa Davis

April 15, 2015 at 12:01 pm

I need to make more time to write. I love writing.

1. Angela K

April 15, 2015 at 12:20 pm

You should girl! I stopped for years and then I had 2 deaths in the family about 2 yrs ago and I was asked to write a poem for the funeral and ever since I have been writing again. I'm mad at myself for ever stopping but I believe everything happens for a reason 🙂

31. Michelle Hwee

April 12, 2015 at 4:06 am

What a great post! 🙂 It's a beautiful song too! I write because it inspires me. It definitely showcases my creativity and is such a great feeling to get my thoughts down on paper!