Pesto, Tomato, & Mozz Pizza on a Pita Bread

Pesto, Tomato, & Mozzarella Pizza on a Pita Bread

I am obsessed with cooking and usually I am on Pintrest like crazy looking up new recipes everyday because I want to learn as much as I can. This recipe was something I made off the top of my head. I took everything I love and put it onto a pita bread to make a pizza! It ended up being delicious!!

Ingredients:

• Fresh Mozzarella
  • Tomato
  • Dill
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Pita Bread
  • Pesto

First put the Pesto on as the base. I used my homemade pesto minus the avocado since I didn’t have one.

Then I added the tomatoes. You could used sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes which I may try the next time!

And mozzarella. I used fresh mozzarella mainly because I am obsessed but next time I think I will stick to shredded mozz cheese.

Then I added the Balsamic vinegar & dill.

I baked it at 350 Degrees until the cheese was melted. It was absolutely divine!

My Trail & Error: Like I said before I have never made this before nor did I find this from another recipe. I took all the things I love and made it into a pizza! But here is what I would do differently.

1: I would have baked the pita bread & pesto for a little bit before added the ingredients on top so it would be crispy when I put everything on top [less chance of the bread getting soggy]… which mine did, not too bad though. It was still delicious but it would have been a lot better with more crisp to it.

2. I would have used shredded mozzarella cheese rather than fresh mozzarella logs. Don’t get me wrong, anything is better with fresh cheese that’s why I love the mozzarella log, but the shredded cheese defiantly would have melted better.

If you make this please leave a comment & let me know how it turned out!

Would love to hear opinions!

Good luck & enjoy!!

1. Aisha Kristine Chong

February 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Now these are something that will fill in my tummy in any day, haha! Yumm!

2. joannappok

February 11, 2015 at 6:29 am

MAJOR hunger pangs just looking at these pictures. Thanks for sharing, I think I might try this one out!

3. Alysia from My Domestic Dish

February 11, 2015 at 5:46 am

Yessssssssss! I make pita pizzas all the time!! 😀

I've never tried this variation before. We typically put them under the broiler for mayyyybe 8mins, tops, but I drizzle the bread with olive oil, top with sliced plum tomatoes, fresh basil and feta cheese. Delicious!

1. Angela K

February 12, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Oh em gee. That sounds delicious! I will have to try that out! 🙂

4. Peachy Adarne

February 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Oh I love these kinds of pizza and with big pieces of mozzarella too!!

5. CourtneyLynne

February 10, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Oooo this sounds pretty tasty!!! I love making pitas so I will have to give your recipe a try 🙂

6. Vidya Sudarsan

February 10, 2015 at 5:22 am

That looks so simple to make and looks delicious. We love pita bread, pesto and cheese.. I'm going to surprise my girls with this snack.

7. LifeAsAConvert

February 10, 2015 at 2:24 am

This looks really delicious and that cheese looks so fresh. I could probably eat two of those right now.

8. Echo A

February 10, 2015 at 1:37 am

This sounds delicious! I love caprese and that is what this reminds me of! This is definitely a recipe that I need to try.

9. Felice

February 10, 2015 at 1:12 am

I live on Pinterest for recipes especially ones with avocados. This recipe looks so yummy ♥

10. Franc

February 10, 2015 at 12:22 am

This looks easy to prepare and looks really delicious. You can even add a lot variation in the toppings.

11. Jennifer Juro

February 10, 2015 at 12:03 am

Oh these sound delicious!! I love quick and easy meals like this for lunch when I am home.

12. spiffykerms

February 9, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I add dill to just about everything that I cook. I love a nice pesto on a homemade pizza. I bet that it was soo good!!

13. Liz Mays

February 9, 2015 at 3:03 pm

I would really love this, and I just discovered how much I like pesto. I'd love to try this!

14. Ashley @ Growing Up Momma

February 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Yum, this looks incredible! I'm not typically a fan of pesto, but when you add in the mozzarel, tomato and balsamic, I can't imagine it would be anything less than delicious. Thanks so much for sharing!

15. Fiona

February 9, 2015 at 10:39 am

So delicious! I really love easy to put together meals like this. I love the pesto, tomato and cheese mix 🙂

16. Brandi

February 9, 2015 at 7:03 am

Yumm. I love fresh mozzarella on pizzas. You could still use the fresh, just shred it with a grater instead of slicing it into circles. Not a big pesto fan though, so I'd probably go more with a traditional margarita pizza.

17. Angelic Sinova

February 9, 2015 at 6:58 am

I'm with you with the whole looking up Pinterest recipes like crazy! There's just so many cool recipes I want to try, like this one! This pizza looks super yummy <3

18. Michelle Hwee

February 8, 2015 at 3:22 am

Wow this looks fantastic!! I love pesto tomato and mozz. cheese on a regular pizza and with flatbread it looks just as great but healthier! Something about that combination is just fantastic! I am obsessed with shredded mozzarella too! It is just so amazing! Thanks for sharing and sharing what you would change next time~!